Saturday, March 13, 2010

Scrapbooking and Colonoscopies

Yes, ladies you heard right. I know it is an embarrassing thing but as woman especially 50 something, I would encourage you to go get a colonoscopy. I put it off for a year because of the anxiety. There is no family history of colon cancer in my immediate family. However, to my surprise, I found out I had a polyp and it appears to have precancerous cells. Of course, it was removed and sent for pathological testing. And I have to go back for another one in 3-5 years. While the prep was disgusting and made me not feel well, I am glad it is over and the bad cells were removed. Yes, the prep work is worse than the procedure itself I am told. But, for me it took the entire day to recover. I did go out for breakfast afterwards but I still did not feel well for the rest of the day. So, I took it easy and rested. Should you decide to go through with it you will need to take someone with you because you will be given a general anesthetic. While you are preparing for this momentous day give yourself a reward for going through with this - buy yourself a scrapbook gift as a reward for a job well done. Also, to my surprise it is recommended that my kids now be screened when they are 40. God Bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment