Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Altered Paint Cans

Did you know you can make ugly paint cans beautiful? And it is not hard to do. Mind you, I did these a while ago but they still make great gifts.You can purchase cleaned paint cans from your local hardware store for around $4.00. You will need ribbon, beads or no decorations for the handles. I found the beads at a craft shop. ModPodge works great for adhering the paper to the can. The pink can was made with Breezy Designs Baby Bree scrapbook kit paper. The wedding can hearts came from Breezy Designs and the paper and ribbons I had. All you have to do is pick your color scheme and pattern paper. Cut the paper (12x12) in half. Oh, and it helps if you make a template so you can get around the handles without taking the handle off. My husband helped me. ModPodge the can a little at a time and not the paper was helpful to me. Slowly adhere the paper and get the bubbles out. Stay in a well ventilated place as the smell can be overbearing. Decorate your can. You can fill it with party items or anything at all. Makes a great gift for any occassion. Let me know if you have any questions or show me your latest altered paint can creation.

No comments:

Post a Comment